Update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) & Guidelines for Schools
Please reference the GUIDELINES & RESOURCES from the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) to help prepare for a Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Information & Updates for Parents/Families with Students in an ISD School
- March 11, 2020 – Coronavirus COVID-19 Parent Letter for ISD Innovative Schools
- March 18, 2020 – COVID-19 School Closure Parent Letter Update
General Guidelines to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19
- Avoid close contact: Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick: If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
- Cover your mouth and nose: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick. Flu and other serious respiratory illnesses, like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), whooping cough, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), are spread by cough, sneezing, or unclean hands.
- Clean your hands: Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives – Tips on hand washing and using alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth: Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice other good health habits: Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces at home, work or school, especially when someone is ill. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.