Seeking School Operators for the 2019-20 School Year
Notice of Intent to Apply
The North Carolina Innovative School District (ISD) is seeking proven* and credible* applicants to partner with our district and local communities to ensure strong outcomes for students in some of the state’s lowest performing schools.
The Notice of Intent to Apply is the first step in the ISD team’s planning process to ensure that we identify partner applicants with a strong commitment to the local communities we will be serving. If you have any questions regarding the process or timeline for applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-807-3435.
All prospective applicants for the North Carolina ISD must submit this Notice of Intent to Apply by 5:00 pm EST on October 12, 2018 via email to NCISD@dpi.nc.gov.
Instructions for submitting Notice of Intent to Apply
* Proven – “The entity has a record of results in improving performance of persistently low-performing schools or improving performance of a substantial number of persistently low-performing students within a school or schools operated by the entity in this State or other states.” NC Statute 115C-75.8
* Credible – “The entity has a credible and specific plan for dramatically improving students in a low-performing school.” NC Statute 115C-75.8
Learn more about being an Innovative School Operator
Schools Under Consideration for Transfer into the ISD for the 2019-20 School Year
1. Carver Heights Elementary – Wayne County Public Schools
2. Gaston Middle – Northampton County Schools
3. Hillcrest Elementary – Alamance Burlington Schools
4. Williford Elementary – Nash-Rocky Mount Schools
5. Fairview Elementary – Guilford County Schools
6. Hall-Woodward Elementary – Forsyth County Schools